Alterations to new denim purchased from Those That Know
If you buy a pair of jeans or a denim jacket from us and would like them hemmed or altered before your order is sent to you, we offer an alteration service*.
We work with Darned Fine, a fellow small business and denim head based here in Newcastle. Mick from Darned Fine has an enviable collection of vintage sewing machines in his workshop and can make any alterations you need. We wouldn’t trust our jeans with anyone else.
To organise an alternation, you can contact us at [email protected] when you place your order or add a note to your order whilst checking out. We’ll then get in touch with you to discuss your requirements and organise the alteration.
*Please note that jeans that have been altered cannot be returned, so please check the sizing charts and read our guide on how to measure denim.
Darned Fine also offer a full repairs service that can breath new life into your heavily worn denim. Repairs offered include:
- Replacement belt loops: Unpick bartacks, remove belt loop, add recycled / colour matched denim, add replacement belt loop, stitch back together, add new bartack
- Buttons: Snapped or fallen off shank – replace with new button. Surrounding material has degraded – add new layer of material, darn, replace button
- Rivets: Remove existing, replace with new copper rivet
- Pockets: Existing – patch, or add a new material patch. Total replacement – unpick side seam, cut rivets off, unpick bar tacks, unpick waist band, unpick fly, unpick pocket front, sew new pocket back, reassemble, replace rivets as needed
- Bartacks: Remove existing, add new bartack
As every repair is unique, each is costed individually. Head to the Darned Fine website to get a quote for your repair.