A handsome update to one of the Papa’s most iconic models, the Papa Nui Beachmaster Hat is now available in a beautiful Woodland camo. Inspired by the very best examples of the GI issue Daisy Mae, it is named after the officer in charge of disembarkation during amphibious warfare.
This model joins forces with our good friends, the East Asia Supply Company. Specialists in the Vietnam war, the East Asia Supply Company produces some of the most authentic camouflage patterns of the era. Woodland is a camouflage pattern that was used as the default camouflage pattern issued to the United States Armed Forces from 1981, with the issue of the Battle Dress Uniform, until its replacement in the mid-2000s. It is a four-colour, high contrast disruptive pattern with irregular markings in sand, brown, green and black. It is also known unofficially by its colloquial moniker of “M81”, though this term was not officially used by the U.S. military.
This Beachmaster release comes complete with a custom Papa Nui tape woven in the style produced by Montagnard tribes and worn by GI’s as either a headband or a hatband. You have the option to sew it on or hold down your in-country locks.
Key Features of the Papa Nui Beachmaster Hat
- Made in collaboration with East Asia Supply Co.
- Inspired by GI issue Daisy Mae hats
- Woodland camouflage construction
- Lightweight and pliable enough to be rolled for pocked storage
- Papa Nui internal labelling
- Includes a custom Papa Nui tape that can be sewn onto the hat or worn as a headband
- Comes with a custom Papa Nui badge
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)
- Cold wash/soak to shape or stretch, hot wash/soak and tumble dry to shrink