The Papa Nui Yeager Cap is the Papa’s tribute to the original Rocket Ace, Chuck Yeager, who punched a hole in the sky in his Bell X-1 Rocket plane, breaking the sound barrier in 1947.
Part of the Atoll Rocket Riders collection, the bright cotton takes cues from Yeager’s supersonic flight in that magnificent orange plane. The brim of the Yeager Cap is made with felt making it sturdy but still soft, so it can be worn down or flipped up. Flexible enough to fold and keep tucked in your back pocket – it wont break!
Key Features of the Papa Nui Yeager Cap
- Designed in the South Pacific
- Made in Japan at the John Lofgren & Co factory.
- Made of 100% Bell X-1 Rocket Plane Orange cotton
- Anti-glare Billiard Green under-visor to calm the fierce summer Sun
- Military grade Olive drab Herringbone Twill inside panel facing
- Herringbone Twill cotton sweatband
- Hino Maru internal country of origin patch
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)
- Machine washable
- Cold wash/soak to shape or stretch, hot wash/soak and tumble dry to shrink