The Papa Nui Superfort Cap was worn by the B-29 long range bomber crews high in the Stratosphere who took the fight right to the front door of the enemy. In peace time the B-29 was converted to carry Chuck Yeager’s X-1 Rocket Plane but their crews loved the caps so much they kept on wearing them.
As part of the Atoll Rocket Riders collection, the Superfort Cap takes the ubiquitous crew favourite A-3 cap and rebuilds it like no one has ever attempted before. It pioneers new ground like our intrepid rocket men.
Key Features of the Papa Nui Superfort Cap
- Made in Japan by John Lofgren & Co.
- Test facility tough Herringbone Twill
- Military spec Olive Drab colour way
- Genuine Australian Kangaroo hide sweatband with Milliners Grosgrain bow
- Hino Maru internal country of origin patch
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)
- Machine washable
- Cold wash/soak to shape or stretch, hot wash/soak and tumble dry to shrink