The Papa Nui Sub Hunter Cap came about after a request to the Papa from Ernest Hemingway. The story goes that in 1943 Hemingway needed a cap perfectly suited for chasing U-Boats in the Gulf Stream. He contacted the Papa with his requirements and the Sub Hunter Cap was born. Naturally Ernest loved his Sub Hunter, so it has been perfectly reproduced to the Papa’s exacting standards.
The Sub Hunter is constructed from a rugged Khaki Herringbone Twill with a contrasting brown Canvas brim. As hard-wearing as it is handsome, the Sub Hunter Cap will age beautifully over time.
Key Features of the Papa Nui Sub Hunter Cap
- Made in Japan by John Lofgren & Co.
- 9oz 100% cotton Khaki Brown Herringbone Twill (HBT)
- Waxed brown canvas rigid brim
- Hino Maru internal country of origin patch
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)
- Machine washable
- Cold wash/soak to shape or stretch, hot wash/soak and tumble dry to shrink