The Papa Nui Marauder Cap is a rework of iconic the B-1 Flight Cap used during World War II by the US Army Air Force. Two standard caps were issued to crews; the B-1 and the B-2. The B-1 Summer Flying Cap came in lightweight Khaki Gabardine, whereas the B-2 Winter Flying Cap was made from Shearling and featured adjustable ear flaps.
The Marauder comes in a summer weight “Honolulu Tan” Herringbone Twill fabric. With a contrasting Olive Green sweatband and anti-glare under-visor. This is a cap with as much presence as a “Belle-de-Nuit” but delivering far more than 3 minutes of heaven upstairs at the New Senator Hotel.
Key Features of the Papa Nui Marauder Cap
- Designed in the South Pacific
- Made in Japan by John Lofgren & Co.
- Reworking of the classic B-1 Flight Cap
- “Honolulu Tan” Herringbone Twill construction
- Olive green Herringbone anti-glare under-visor
- Hino Maru internal country of origin patch
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)
- Cold wash/soak to shape or stretch, hot wash/soak and tumble dry to shrink