A handsome update to one of the Papa’s most iconic models, the Papa Nui Beachmaster Hat is now available in a beautiful Beo-Gam Camo. Inspired by the very best examples of the GI issue Daisy Mae, it is named after the officer in charge of disembarkation during amphibious warfare.
This exclusive model joins forces with our good friends, the East Asia Supply Company. Specialists in the Vietnam war, the East Asia Supply Company produces some of the most authentic camouflage patterns of the era including the local Beo-gam camo. Beo-Gam or the ‘Leopard’ pattern was named after the densely placed spots and was a South Vietnamese produced duck hunter pattern adopted by early American advisors as well as for wear by the Montagnard CIDG (Civilian Irregular Defense Group) units and indigenous Ranger units.
This Beachmaster release comes complete with a custom Papa Nui tape woven in the style produced by Montagnard tribes and worn by GI’s as either a headband or a hatband. You have the option to sew it on or hold down your in-country locks.
Key Features of the Papa Nui Beachmaster Hat
- Made in collaboration with East Asia Supply Co.
- Inspired by GI issue Daisy Mae hats
- Beo-Gam camouflage construction
- Lightweight and pliable enough to be rolled for pocked storage
- Papa Nui internal labelling
- Comes with a custom Papa Nui tape that can be sewn onto the hat or worn as a headband
- Accompanied by a custom Papa Nui sticker
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)
- Cold wash/soak to shape or stretch, hot wash/soak and tumble dry to shrink