The Papa Nui A-26 Shinki Horse Hide Cap is a beautiful limited edition mechanics style cap that is realised in front quarter veg tanned Shinki Hikaku Horse hide. Shinki has a naturally rustic and antiqued grain and is a textured luxury hide that darkens and smooths with time and wear. This cap is the perfect pairing with any A-2 aviators jacket and it’s seal brown colour is rich and deep and is off set with tonal stitching. A olive drab herringbone twill sweat band keeps the cap comfortable to wear and the pliable visor allows a nonchalant flip up implying a devil may care attitude.
This is truly the Ace of Caps and is available for an early 2021 delivery. Here now is the opportunity to pre-order the A-26 as quantities of this collectors piece are limited to 40 pieces.
Any Korean War flyboy who knew his mettle also knew that being a hotshot pilot meant having a style that stood apart from the mil-spec world of the airforce. After a tour of missions above the Yalu with the sky thick with Migs, R&R options were always welcome and a quick trip to Tokyo was an opportunity to unwind and visit the local tailor for a custom leather squadron cap.
Drawing inspiration from these Jet Jockeys and their custom caps, Papa Nui has worked closely with Japan’s finest leather facility in Himeji, Hyogo prefecture, and the John Lofgren Company to introduce the A-26 cap.
Key Features of the Papa Nui A-26 Shinki Horse Hide Cap
- Limited to 40 pieces worldwide, of which we have 5
- All veg tanned front quarter Shinki horsehide construction
- Seal brown dyed with tonal stitching and mid brown poplin taping to match the lining of your A-2 flight jacket
- Japanese milled Olive drab Herringbone Twill sweatband and silk milliners bow.
- New Papa Maru flag inner patch and Papa Nui rayon cotton labelling.
- Pliable flip up Visor.
- Special printed Olive drab Herringbone Twill keep bag.
- Made in Japan by the John Lofgren Bootmaker Co.
- Sizes Medium (57-58cm) and Large (59-60cm)