Overlord Brand are based in Marseille, France and create upcyled vintage clothing using workwear and military materials from a range of sources to breath new life into fabrics that would otherwise be discarded. The Overlord Patchwork Workwear Pants use classic French workwear pieces from the 1950s and 60s as their basis and, with considerable skill and admirable attention to detail, upcycle them into a one-off unique piece that becomes way more than the sum of its parts.
Perhaps the most iconic of all French workwear pieces is the Worker’s Jacket. Originally worn by railway workers and engineers as long ago as the late 1800s, the use Worker’s Jacket was typically made from tough-wearing drill cotton or moleskin. Authentic models made by original manufacturers, such as Vetra and Le Laboureur as still available today. The French name for these jackets bleu de travail (literally translated as “blue work”) comes, as you can imagine, from the jacket’s colour.
Each pair of Overlord Patchwork Workwear Pants is constructed with fabrics from multiple sources. Each with a different age, shade and degree of wear. These raw materials are then expertly cut and sewn in Overlord’s workshop to a slim, straight contemporary fit.
The pants are finished with pocked bags made from used parachute canopies and deadstock workwear buttons.
Key Features of the Overlord Patchwork Workwear Pants
- Upcycled vintage clothing
- Original materials sourced from vintage French workwear
- Slim, straight, contemporary fit
- Sizes small, medium, large and XL available
- No two pieces are the same
- Finished with pocket bags made from used parachute canopies and deadstock workwear buttons
- Come with Overlord branded cotton packaging
- Designed in Marseille, France