The story of AVANT Magazine Issue 1
AVANT Magazine Issue 1, called An Anthology of American Workwear, digs into workwear clothing from during the California Gold Rush.
There’s a conversation with Brit Eaton, denim archeologist and Rin Tanaka, founder of The Inspiration Show, who discuss denim hunting with Bryan and Melody Kahtava, and portrait Jacob Davis, the inventor of the rivet. There’s a feature on United Costume, one of the most reputed costume house of Hollywood and investigate the love of American workwear in Japan. AVANT also teach you how to recognise the era of a clothing according to its tag and bring you into the real story of the Californian Gold Rush.
AVANT Magazine is a collection of vintage clothing anthologies founded and compiled by Eric Maggiori. The biannual magazine celebrates the story of vintage clothing in the past, present and future, covering workwear and military clothing from around the world
Inside this issue
- Denim Hunters : they explore gold mines and ghost towns to find old denim
- A view from United Costume, the most famous costume house in Hollywood
- The Portrait of Jacob Davis, inventor of the rivet, the man behind Levi’s success
- One Century of Workwear in the movies
- Heritage Brands gets a second life
- Interviews with Wouter Munnichs, denim specialist and founder of Long John, Larry McKaughan, founder of Heller’s Cafe and vintage collector, Josh Sirlin, founder of Black Bear Brand and Brit Eaton, denim archeologist
- Unique cover painting made by Mark Maggiori for Avant Magazine
- Instants from the Past, a series of antique pictures collected by Bandit Photographer
- Road Trip, watercolour illustrations of the West America by Magali Brueder
- Workwear Still Life, photographies by Gauthier Borsarello.